The Panasonic brand Technics will release, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the SL-1200 turntable, whose MK2 was its first model to incorporate the pitch control, an updated version of this turntable released in 1972. The Technics SL-1200 MK6 Limited Edition Turntable is based on the previous MK5 version but introduces some features like improvements on vibration control and on the motor.
The specifications of this Technics SL-1200 MK6 Limited Edition Turntable are direct drive motor, s-shaped tonearm, quartz control system, -78 dB SNR, 1,5 kg/cm starting torque, OFC (oxygen-free copper wire) materials for better tone and less noise, pitch control, and long-life super-bright blue LED.
This turntable model will be available in black and silver colors. The Technics SL-1200 MK6 Limited Edition Turntable will be available on December 12 but its price has not been announced yet.
The turntable is the device that is used commonly for mixing the two adjacent sounds at the same beat without expressing any break. All the letters included in the name SL-1200 MK6 have defined meanings of their own; here S refers to Stereo, L refers to player and MK refers to the revised editions series, at the same time 6 is the serial number included in the series MK6. Recording studios and non-electronic live music performance are generally done via the 1200s.
This was designed to reduce acoustic feedback, non-desired resonance, wow and flutter errors and mainly the speed errors. It was appreciated the most by DJ and clubs due to its instant adjustment of music. It has praisefully music mixing qualities that match with the present era dynamic trend.
This device SL-1200 MK6 has a lot many interesting facts to be acknowledged. It bears some specialized features which are highly appreciable and those are responsible for the success of this device. Some of those are defined below briefly:
1. It consists of a special magnetic mechanism that reduces power loss to a great extent.
2. The SL-1200 MK6 bear direct drive which is less expensive. It was added to refuse wow and flutter and it produces a very smooth turntable.
3. Due to high torque, it is featured as mixing beats in clubs. It is mostly used in clubs only for beatmatching without any space.
4. It bears low wow and flutters which ensures that platter remains at its defined and fixed speed.
5. This device work with a frequency generated servo control quartz lock system which ensures the perfect and accurate speed quality.
6. The risk of stylus jumping is lowered due to the insertion of heavy base and distance between base and platter. In the absence of this specially inserted mechanism, the device will be unable to control the speed.
7. It is famous because of the durability of the device which is highly ensured by its heavy base and stronger material used.
This device brought an evolution in the field of music due to its high-tech features. This was loved and bought by the users due to special design. It is available commonly in two colors ie. Silver and black but on the 35th anniversary of the team Matsushita.